For the letter E of the April A to Z – I am ending my participation in this challenge. There are a few reasons, but the bottom line is that I am just not “feeling it.”
I look forward to following along with some of the bloggers I follow (see below), but this is my last entry for the A to Z.
For the final A to Z post – the letter E is for Emotions.
In this video, Dr. Barbara Fredrickson posited that “Emotions obey a tipping point…”
Here are a few notes from her video:
- “Like ice melts in water – people who are languishing can move to flourishing…. it is about functioning at a different level – a ratio of 3 to 1 – 3 positive emotions to every 1 – most people have 2 to 1 (or worse…).
- Don’t pressure yourself to be positive.
- Develop a mindset for more positivity (not cheesy annoying smiles, but this quiet joy).
- Be open, appreciative, curious, real, and let go of rigid expectations
Here is another interesting video about the way “THOUGHTS USE EMOTIONS TO SPREAD”
At the 5:47 – minute mark:
- Thought germs come and go…
- Thoughts use our emotions to spread…
- Thoughts spread more with random changes – can be good…. or bad.
As noted, this is my final A to Z post. And here are some of the April A to Z Bloggers that are pumping out some fun posts:
Georgie (theme is Greece)
KIWINANA (theme is nature – outdoors)
PH (theme is poetry)
Beth (theme is motivational)
Tupeak Hope (theme is health)
Zombie Flamingoes (theme is wabi sabi. What is wabi sabi? Well, in simple terms, it’s the Japanese art of imperfection.)
E is also for easy…. and let’s all do that – chillax and take it easy….