Skip to content
Hello Readers – For day 23 of the Countdown to 2020, I have some holiday street shots.
1) Met this cute girl at the post office last week. It was a short wait (whew) and she began showing me the cards she liked. Then she took down the squirrel card and I said, “I have a friend who would like that card.” And that would be , who loves her squirrels (and birds, trees, people, etc.) Linda, my blog friend
As noted, the squirrel card reminded me of Linda – the purple dandelion one reminded me of forthemo. And the other two apply to ALL of the bloggers that drop by to visit – THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing part of your social media time with Priorhouse blog – hugs your way.
This tree -made from rulers – made me think of blogger Dan at No Facilities. And coincidentally, Dan’s latest post – here – has a cool photo of a squirrel and bluejay going for a nut. Ah such fun timing.
2) Speaking of post office (previous photo) – I am still surprised to see certain neighborhoods with postal carriers that actually walk.
3) Met this jolly ol’ fellow (maybe Santa’s younger brother ?) because he was walking out with cash in his mouth. He was just preparing his money clip – and truly this was a flashback. When people do not use cash very much at all – we had a man with cash (in his mouth too) and then a money clip. Whoa. And side note – last year I heard a lady chuckle at someone who had a purse. The lady picked up her phone and said “everything I need is right here – even my credit card” – and isn’t that good for her – that her phone is all she needs for everything. But some of us – like me – still tote a purse around at times.
4) Saw them loading this enormous reindeer. Grabbed a few pics. ‘Tis the Season
5)Holiday time for some people is not all stressful. Some folks walk their dog and chat it up. Linked to PULL UP A SEAT
6) Feels like JOY to me
7) Also feels like JOY (and I wonder this lady’s story…)
8) This photo stood out to me because of the three legs making the triangle shape and I like the strong lines of the crosswalk. A bit of harmony here with this street shot.
9) The crosswalks and light to the right add something here – but what I was going for was the person – left- with their sugary drink from Starbucks. Tis the season for insulin spikes, increased inflammation, and pancreas working heavy duty. Oh wait, sugary treats are not just at the holidays anymore. Nope. People eat sugar (or carbs that convert to sugar) at almost every meal without realizing how bad this is for their body in the long run. Just sayin…
10) Speaking of sugar, throwback pic from a few years ago – when my boys were still around to help deliver Xmas-eve sugar goodies. The last few years of sharing Christmas Eve treats has been tough for me – trying to figure out what to share as I get away from “only sweets” – I do NOT want to be a sugar pusher – and do not want to necessarily be pushing alcohol either – (we gave some bottles of wine one year when we had a case to share) – but yet still want to share festive love and delicious snacks with my neighbors. Any suggestions? Keep you posted on what unfolds this year.
11) Holiday Shopping at the boutique. I liked the contrast in this photo: We have 2 ladies on left side with light building and they are about to enter the red door. Then, lady is in her stride on the right side – darker building and just gives a little snapshot in time.
12) Carrying a Christmas goody box – and check out the spray tan ad…
13). Looking down on those phones… I get it – yes! Phone time is a good way to pass the time – but check out this previous post ( here) – about the need to “stop blocking of the throat chakra” – so let’s remember to LIFT OUR HEAD MORE – ALLOW ENERGY TO FLOW BETTER, AND BE KINDER TO OUR NECK.
14) This is actually two pics combined. A little out of focus, but something about this street shot appealed to me. So here it is – the last photo for today’s countdown post. 🙂
Any thoughts on the street shots?
Have one you extra like or dislike? Top ones for me – #1 (little girl with cards) #4 – Bringing home the reindeer, and #7 – Ms. Joyful one.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: