Hello readers, for Becky’s January Light challenge, I have images for the week.
This post features “lamp light” beaming through pretty materials.
Click on the image to see a larger version
One of my goals for 2020 is to share some health tips and bio hacks in various blog posts.
So, for the second week of January Lights, the health tip is to remember to have a lighter mood with your attitude – because it is good for you.
L I G H T E N U P
- Try to not take things “too” seriously. You can still have a serious side, and should, but you know what I mean about the dangers of being “too serious” – Because an overly serious demeanor (all the time) can suck the life out of you and will pull from your health.
- Watch out for assumptions. You might be wrong.
- There is an old saying, “Blessed is the person who is not easily offended” – We all need to learn what this means more and more. — Don’t take abuse – ever – but sometimes an offense was less about you and needs a little grace in return. People that get offended all the time sometimes have deeper issues that they haven’t worked through. Lighten up….
- Try to keep an open hand, rather than a closed fist, with your shit, I mean stuff, um, I mean possessions.
- Laugh more. Allow humor into your life and just see how easy it is to laugh every day – sometimes even laughing “a lot” every day. It really is amazing.
- Monitor what you read and what shows you watch because garbage in equals garbage out. And if you are watching “heavy content” or raunchy shows all the time – this will impact your affect. You might think you can turn things off – like a light switch – but what you “feed on” in the mind goes into your essence and being! Your mental diet integrates with your feelings, thoughts, and moods. So, while we lighten up with attitude – some may need to get more serious about what is allowed into their mind. It does matter. Be careful.
- Change your thinking about what you expect. Are you disappointed because you were conditioned to expect certain things at certain times? Are you comparing? Are you looking back? Are you struggling with demandingness? Are you an uptight jerk when it comes to…..?
- Pray and ask God to help you be all you can be. He knows you because he made you. He knows the number of hairs on your head and He has really good things in store. He can help you get free from heaviness and an over serious approach. So freeing.
As we all remember to “lighten up” – I thought of this Jim Gaffigan snippet.
Gaffigan briefly mentioned how some people “expect” so much for their birthday – such a quick mention and he is spot on. I am all for celebrating a birthday – but some people are imbalanced and immature with what they demand and expect.
I also chose this video because one of the laughs we had earlier today was when my spouse reminded me of Gaffigan’s bathrobe joke. I was mentioning that I finally have a bathrobe I love (not all robes are created equal and it took a while to find one that was what I wanted/needed) and he said Gaffigan’s line: “How about we make a coat out of a towel?”
Hope you have a great week.