The idea is to share “travel photos” and most folks are doing this across ten days; however, a few bloggers have done the ten days in one post and that fits my blog mode right now.
The first two photos are these old prints I have from London (spring 1986) and I told Clive about them and so here they are my friend.
The next three travel photos are within two hours of our city.
Because folks – we all know that we can and should travel locally – even before COVID — but all the more after this pandemic arrived and had everyone grounded and limited with options.
We need to always find ways to have mini adventures locally – and let us NOT wait for only big trips to travel.
Adventure and beauty can be found right outside our door – every day – there – waiting for us to explore.
The next two are from Florida – never want to live there again, but Florida is one of my favorite places to visit.
What is a Northerner’s favorite wine? I want to go to Florida. (whine, get it?)
The next three are from our local art museum – because let us not forget that museums allow us to travel — we can travel back in time – or travel with our senses as we enjoy various exhibits and extras that they offer
Okay – those are my ten travel photos.
Here are the bloggers I invite to join in – no pressure but if you do join in –
- SingLikeWildFlowers, a blogging friend and someone who reminds me that traveling and adventure are there for our taking right outside of our door – let’s explore more and be inspired by local
- Photography Journal Blog Volume 2 – here – where Amy shares about photos to wood project
- The Messy Gardener (cool name, eh?) who I actually met through Dan’s Thursday Doors and Cee’s Flower of Day – and in this post – we see a peek-a-boo plane.
- Lin’s Doodles and I am not actually sure how I crossed paths with her blog a few years ago – but enjoy many of her out and about photos – like the patina in the seating in this post for Pull Up a Seat here
- XingfuMamma who hosts the Pull up a Seat Challenge but also shares many travel themed posts – like this travel theme “EYES” post that was connected to the “Where’s My Backpack” a few years ago. Does anyone out there remember the blog “Where’s My Backpack?” I do – anyhow – XingfuMamma also has this AtoZ post here that shares a snippet of her traveling background
- Heart to Heart who had a fun post recently about “traveling through blogs and not planes” and then this travel diaries post about the surprises in Thailand and how it can be a family-fun destination
- VJ Knutson @One Woman’s Quest (I and II) and this post here shows how she has a special talent for using her own photography for her writing. Not all authors are good photographers and not all good photographers are writers – and VJ has her own style and talent with both.
- D over at My Life and Horse stories – although she might not be able to join until later this year as she had to put down a horse – but this invite might give her a nice idea for a post when she returns to blogging.
- Marsha from Always Write – and in this post, Marsha shared a throwback commercial for “Pepsodent” toothpaste – and wow – did Pepsodent really use “irium? Info here
- Over to you! – Anyone reading now – if I did not personally mention you or add a link for for you to join, this is the invite. Many bloggers do this “open invite” on their last day of posting (if they do the ten days in a row option) and so I am doing it now. If you have time – why not join in and add your bit of travel images to the blogosphere?
Here are the guidelines:
- Post ten travel photos in one post – like this post
- Or…. post travel photos for ten different days – your post can have one photo a day or you can make a post with many photos and a story – like Robbie did here
- Invite other bloggers to join you (as an open invite or through a pingback)
- Find a way to make this work for you – but the goal is to share a minimum of ten photos with a travel theme to allow us all to travel with you via blogosphere
- You can join in this weekend, next month, or anytime this year.