“Getting back to the Classic editor is a two-step process. First, you get to the old Admin menu, and then you can get to the Classic editor. It takes longer to write it out than to do it.
1. Open WP and click on your avatar in the top right: whichever image you use that’s contained inside the circle next to the bell.
2. Your profile page will open. On the left side, click on ‘account settings.’
3. Scroll down to ‘Interface settings’ and look for the slide bar under ‘Dashboard settings.’ Slide that until it’s a solid color, then save the page. You should have the old Admin menu.
4. Next, on the admin menu at the left side, hover above the third icon down: the pushpin labeled ‘Posts.’
At that point, DO NOT CLICK ON “ADD NEW.” That will take you to the Block editor. Instead, click on “Posts” or “All Posts.”
That will open a page with another “Add New” link at the top of the page on the left, with a drop-down arrow next to it.
5. Click on the arrow, and you have a choice between the Block editor and the Classic editor. Click “Classic,” and you’re in business!
Notice that on the page listing all your posts, both published and draft, if you hover over a title, there’s an option to edit in the Classic editor right below the post title.
Once I got it down, it’s easy as can be. Since I post so often, I leave the “All Posts” page open in my browser as a tab. All I have to do is click on it, and I’m ready to go.
I hope that makes sense, and is helpful. If it’s confusing, let me know.”
Let’s close with a quote (thanks again to joyroses13)
What does love sound like to you? Getting instructions for accessing the classic editor? yeah. That felt a bit lovely.
Seriously now- what is an action or phrase that sounds like love to you?
Here is mine: Sometimes love sounds like: “I like you for “you” – not who I expect or want you to be.”